TFF tactics for game formats based around a cup (for feets)

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Devon Loch

TFF tactics for game formats based around a cup (for feets)

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:48 am

Right.... some thinking :shock: :hmmm:

Been a bit of debate about transfer strategies for world cup - thought i'd add my two penneth - mainly cos i went into this without any plan

Hare strategy
This seems to have been adopted by many - and with the number of early goals has meant for those in mid-table the top has looked a long way off. Possibly 5-6 left?
Rationale for this - rotate the strikers for games which appear the biggest mis-matches as later games will be tougher. You can land on the form players and stick with em through the knockouts.
The trouble is you invariably shift players who then perform (shaquiri) and when you are out of transfers this is not like the premier league game where you will continue picking up points regardless - your players will scoring 0 each match. 3rd game player rotations also hurt.
Can win - if get a good lead and pick the right block for the run in...
Score now - 330-350?

Balanced strategy
So we are about 75% through which by adopting a balanced strategy would put you on 10 transfers. Not bad option. But if you don't pick the eventual winners you can be short of transfers quick. Score now 310-330?

Tortoise strategy
Allows you to see form - and work out path of teams through the knockouts. Limit transfers to big scorers in weakest games. currently sitting on 18-25 transfers. Crucially cos this is a knockout allows you to have players playing whilst the hares are scoring 0. large gaps can be wiped out in a couple of matches. Allows rotation for the penalties potential matches which can be monumental scorers... there are also a few 2-0 opportunities because of the scheduling
Score now 280-300

In a nutshell - I think the winner will be sat at about 300pts with 20+ left (it ain't me)

Am I talking bollocks? wish i had done me thinking in advance.. :dunno:
Last edited by Yorkshire Exile on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Elkmaster
Fan Footy Serbinator

Re: TFF tactics for knock out games

Postby The Elkmaster » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:35 am

Tactics for the knock out stages are simple, when some fooker gets knocked out transfer some fooker in who's still in :grin:

Yorkshire Exile
Fan Footy Devon Loch

Postby Yorkshire Exile » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:43 am

not for knock out stages you :baseball: :titter:

a competition based on a cup format... ie world cup, champions league etc

:roll:

The Elkmaster
Fan Footy Serbinator

Postby The Elkmaster » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:45 am

:OFFS: